Monday, February 16, 2015

An Artist's Visit To A Museum

I go to a museum at least once a month. It's my other "church". On this trip I visited both the Kimbell Art Museum and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.
I love all art: ancient, modern, paintings, sculpture... But as a painter, paintings are my favorite. I get butterflies in my heart when I see some paintings....
I study the paintings. I watch the people. I listen to what they have to say. I dissect the paintings. I am always mesmerized. Handling paintings every day it's hard not to touch the paintings in a museum. It's difficult to simply view them as beautiful pictures and not analyze them for technique. But I am always left with a feeling of comradery with the other artists, always inspired and challenged. And every time I go I always feel that I am a little bit closer to becoming one of them.

My paintings are for sale here https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaintingsbyVenus


xo ~Venus


Michelangelo, The Torment Of Saint Anthony







La Simplicite (Simplicity), Jean-Baptiste Greuze 



Rembrandt, Portrait Of A Young Jew


The Madonna and Child, Giovanni Bellini

Venus at Vulcan's Forge, Francois Boucher





Beautiful Silver Trees Sculpture at the Modern Art Museum





No comments: